A perfect gift for photgraphy enthusiasts, this gift experience is great for any level photographer keen to develop their photography skills and learn how to take beautiful images of our animals.
£130 per person
This is a fantastic workshop where you’ll learn to perfect your craft with the help of a highly skilled professional photographer, Dave Stevenson, (http://www.davestevenson.co.uk).
Workshops are held at both ZSL London or Whipsnade Zoo and you have the choice of booking onto either general or advanced level sessions.
The gift experience is valid for one year and the recpient will receive a digital gift voucher allowing them to book onto their preferred day.
Photography workshop gift experience includes:
- One 6 hour photography session at either ZSL London or ZSL Whipsnade zoo with Dave Stevenson
- Admission to the zoo
Participants must be over the age of 16 years old to participate on a workshop
Purchase your open-ended gift ticket now!
Please note our ZSL online shop no longer fulfills Gift Experience purchases.
To purchase this gift Experience voucher please head to our main ZSL.org website by clicking below.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We host workshops at both ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos and this gift voucher allows you to book onto either the general level or advanced level session.
General workshops will teach you about the technical side of photography. By the end of the session you will know the fundamentals of composition and what it takes to capture a great image.
Our advanced workshop further explores composition and how to approach the art of photography so that you take more unusual, creative and impactful photographs.
For both general and advanced sessions you will meet Dave Stevenson who will guide you around your chosen zoo. Throughout the session you will get the opportunity to take shots of a whole variety of amazing animals. Dave will be with you throughout the day, sharing his expertise so that you leave with some beautiful photographs.
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
Important information before booking a Photography workshop experience:
- Participants must be over the age of 16 years old to participate on a workshop
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants on each workshop so that Dave has plenty of time to answer questions and work with everyone one to one
- The experience itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice
- Please arrive on time, we advise guests arrive at least 10 minutes before the experience begins
- The experience can take place indoors and outdoors and occurs rain or shine so please check the weather before you come and dress accordingly!
- There is a 30 minute break for lunch in the day. Lunch is not included but you are welcome to bring your own packed lunch or eat at our of our restaurants
- You must have your own digital camera with available memory space and a fully charged battery.
- We strongly recommend bringing a decent length lens, 200mm is a good starting point but lenses between 70-300mm would be suitable
- Please ensure that your camera and other equipment are protected
- If you are missing or would like to trial any equipment we are pleased to be working with Lenses for Hire (www.lensesforhire.co.uk) who are offering a 20% discount on equipment hire for ZSL workshop participants
- Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer. Accompanying carers will not participate in the experience
- The experience is wheelchair accessible
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information here