- You Agree to These Terms by Using This Site
This website, located at www.shop.zsl.org or any of our affiliated sites including mobile and/or Internet applications, is provided by Zoological Society London Enterprises (ZEL, "we," "our," or "us") to the person accessing this Site ("you," "your").
- Permitted Use of the Site
The information and materials on this Site are provided for general informational purposes. You may use this site solely for the purpose of finding out about and/or purchasing ZEL services and products.
You may not use, reproduce, or distribute the text, graphics, downloads, tools, or any other content on this Site for any other purpose.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
To register with Shop.zsl.org you must be over eighteen years of age.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are true, accurate, current and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details or contacting us as at email@example.com
- Product information
We make every effort to display as accurately as possible our products and services.
In the event that a product is mistakenly listed at the wrong price or with incorrect specifications, ZEL reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed incorrectly, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, ZEL shall issue a refund to your account in the amount of the incorrect price charged. In no event shall ZEL be obligated to provide you the merchandise at the incorrect price.
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice and are inclusive of value added tax (VAT) at the current rates.
The colours shown on the Site may be influenced by the settings of your computer or your monitor. Accordingly, ZEL makes no guarantees that any colours of products or features will be true or accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
All sizes and measurements are approximate.
Products are subject to availability. There is a delay between the time an order is placed and the time the order is accepted, therefore the stock levels relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept your order, we shall notify you as soon as possible.
- Ordering, cancelling and returning products
5.1 Contract creation
The products purchased on this Site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re-sale.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. Rejection of an order may be the result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered is out of stock
- We have been unable to authorise payment
- There was an error with the price or productions description
- You did not meet the eligibility criteria set out in our Terms & Conditions
To create the contract between you and us the following steps are followed:
- You place the order for your products on our Site by selecting the order confirmation button at the end of the checkout process
- We will send an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. This does not constitute acceptance of the order
- Your order will be delivered to you from our warehouse. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us takes place on the dispatch of your order from our warehouse unless we have rejected the order or you have cancelled it
- Your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched, unless you are paying via PayPal in which case you will be charged immediately
If there are any problems with your order we shall contact you.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by us so please print and retain a permanent copy of the Conditions.
You will assume the risk for any Products purchased by you once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified during the checkout process when you placed the order. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the Products from the delivery address which you specified at checkout.
All cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We do not accept payment by cheque, cash or postal orders.
If for some reason a purchase fails, due to problems with payment details, we will attempt to contact you by phone or email.
We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the Site.
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance of payment - usually within 2-3 days, depending on the time of receipt and stock availability.
We reserve the right to vary the standard shipping charges on certain items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. Notice of an additional delivery charge is displayed on the product information page for products that fit into any one of these categories listed. We will contact you to advise on what the additional charge will be prior to shipping.
5.4 Returns and refunds
In addition to your right to cancel referred to in section 5.5 Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 if for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with any Product purchased, you may return it to us (together with all original packing) within 14 days as long as the Product and original packing are in resalable condition.
Please note that, with the exception of faulty merchandise, we cannot accept the return of certain items including personalised/made to order items or products that have been opened and used e.g. recorded materials, pierced earrings or perishable goods. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you wish to return an item, please send to the address below, obtaining a proof of posting note from the Post Office as we cannot be held responsible for any items not received by us:
FAO Commercial Warehouse
As soon as the item is received by us and checked, we will initiate a refund on the account that was originally debited. The cost of the goods and the standard delivery charge will be credited within 48 hours from receipt of the returned item. This will usually reach the account within 7-10 working days, however timings will depend on the speed with which your credit/debit card company processes the order.
If you wish to return an item which was given to you as a gift, please be aware that the money will be refunded to the original payment card.
5.5 Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you do so no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services
- Your right to return products does not apply to products or services that have been made to order, have been personalised or by their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire quickly
- If you wish to cancel your contract, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them
- To cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract as soon as possible by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address
- You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 03442251826, or write to: Online Shop, Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of standard delivery (we will not reimburse extra costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery)
- Where products are not returned to us or arrive in an unacceptable condition, we may deduct from the reimbursement the value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel or 14 days after the day we receive the goods back from you if we have already dispatched them to you.
- Intellectual property
You agree that all copyrights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the material and content of this Site shall remain vested in us or our licensed partners. You acknowledge and confirm that the material and content contained within the Site is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content of this Site is strictly prohibited.
- Limitation of liability
Notwithstanding our reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of the information appearing on this Website, we make no express or implied warranties in relation to its accuracy.
Our liability to you in the event of our breach of any of these Conditions shall be limited to reimbursing any money you may have already paid for product that you have not received or that you have returned within the agreed time scales and in the required condition.
We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Site.
So far as the law allows, we shall not be liable to you for any other loss or damage whatsoever. Your statutory rights as a consumer and your cancellation rights are not affected by these Conditions. Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Any delay or failure on our part to exercise our rights under these Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach by you of any provision.
- Separate Conditions
If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the remaining provisions of the Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Governing law
The laws of England shall govern the contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England.
Our company details are:
Zoological Society London Enterprises Limited
Registered and trading address: Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY
Telephone: +44 (0)344 225 1826 (09.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Sunday, except Christmas day. An answer phone operates at all other times).
ZEL is a company registered in England - Company Number: 01178687
School souvenir purchases
School souvenir purchases are available for UK and international schools, exclusively Monday-Friday during UK school term time.
Purchases are by credit card only. Souvenir purchases must be made at least three days prior to collection. No refunds or amendments to retail purchases will be given. Purchases are available for pick-up or delivery (to UK addresses only).
After an online purchase request is made, the purchaser will be contacted by a member of the ZSL Retail team to collect payment and confirm the visit and collection date. Once payment has been made, the purchaser will receive an email confirmation with a copy of the invoice and collection instructions. The purchaser/school group must bring a copy of the confirmation to the pickup location.
Retail purchases will be available to pick up from:
ZSL London Zoo: the main gift shop
ZSL Whipsnade Zoo: the Visitor Centre.
If delivery is selected, packages will be sent to the provided address by Royal Mail using tracked service.
ZSL Experiences Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to Meet the Animals experiences and Gift packs.
- ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience on any given day due to animal welfare, health issues, staff shortages, bad weather or changes to the zoo’s collections, but will ensure that if this is the case, then the activity will be replaced with another similar task. ZSL endeavours to keep such changes to a minimum. Over the course of time, sometimes activities have to be changed and therefore may be different to what was advertised at the time of purchasing.
- ZSL reserves the right to change or cancel any dates on any of the above experiences for reasons such as the minimum number of participants has not been reached, extreme bad weather, staff shortages, animal welfare issues or force majeure. ZSL will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible. Regrettably, ZSL cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other related costs if it is forced to cancel a date.
- When the duration of the experience is mentioned on our website, marketing material or by a member of our staff this is an approximate guide.
- Open-ended vouchers are available on the following experiences; Keeper for a Day (adult and Junior), photography workshops, Meet the Animals, Gir Lion Lodge and Lookout Lodge. Unless otherwise stated, vouchers for are valid for one year from date of purchase. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure a date is booked and completed before expiry. All of our experiences are very popular so we recommend booking a date in advance to avoid disappointment, on some occasions there can be a 4 month wait. ZSL is not responsible for unauthorised use of your voucher.
- A full refund will be made on open-ended vouchers, providing a date has not been booked and the voucher has more than three months until expiry.
- Once a date has been booked for Keeper for a Day (adult and Junior), Photography workshops, Gir Lion Lodge and Lookout Lodge, a full refund or date change will be made as long as it is a minimum of 2 months before the date of the experience. Once a date has been booked for BedBUGS sleepovers, Snorassic Park Camping Experiences, Friendly Spider Programme or Meet the Animals experiences, a full refund or date change will be made as long as it is a minimum of 14 days before the date of the experience. After this time, only exceptional circumstances will be considered for date changes, extensions or refunds. All refunds are made to the card that the experience was purchased with. The participant’s name can be exchanged providing ZSL is given a minimum of seven days’ notice. If the person who arrives does not match our records they will not be allowed admittance onto the experience.
- For a full refund an exceptional circumstance is illness/injury, or bereavement. For changing the date, an exceptional circumstance is the same as above plus jury service, mechanical breakdown and severe travel delays. ZSL will require proof of any exceptional circumstance. Work commitments or holidays/trips away from home are not deemed to be exceptional circumstances. Each application will be considered individually. Once a date has been changed due to exceptional circumstances, we are unable to reschedule it again for any reason.
- ZSL will allocate places on a first come, first served basis. Please do not assume your experience is booked until you have received your booking confirmation email or letter, this is required for admittance on the day. You should not make any travel or accommodation arrangements in connection with the experience or book spectator tickets until you have received your booking confirmation by email or by post.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers are welcome to participate on all of our experiences, apart from any Keeper for a Day experience and all of our Meet the Animals experiences. In this instance only, ZSL will process a full refund (Meet the animal experiences) or extend the voucher (Keeper for a day) at no charge until 6 months after the date of the birth.
- Any experiences that are purchased to be used as company benefits or incentives, competition prizes, or any other promotional or public relations activity are subject to an additional surcharge. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
- Standard terms and conditions of entry into the zoo apply for all participants on our experiences. ZSL reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- All experiences have a health and safety briefing at the beginning of the session. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they arrive on time. It is essential that all participants attend. Please allow plenty of time to travel to the experience, especially if travelling in or near London, so that you do not miss any of this briefing.
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality this cannot always be achieved; please contact ZSL on firstname.lastname@example.org for advice before purchasing any of our experiences.
Additional terms for Meet the Penguin experiences:
- Children: must be at least 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Penguins ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Giraffe experiences:
- Children: must be at least 3 years of age, at least 3-foot in height and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Giraffes ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Meerkats experiences:
- Children: must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Meerkats ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Kangaroo Outback experiences:
- Children: must be at least 3-foot in height or over 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Kangaroo Outback ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Rainforest experiences:
- Children: must be at least 6 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Rainforest ticket.
- The experience is not suitable for those with nut allergies.
Additional terms for Meet the Lions experiences:
- Children: must be at least 12 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Lions ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Tiger experiences:
- Children: must be at least 12 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Tigers ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Elephant experiences:
- Children: must be over 3 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Elephants ticket.