Terms and Conditions
You agree to these Terms by using this website
This website, located at www.shop.zsl.org or any of our affiliated sites including mobile and/or Internet applications, is provided by Zoological Society London Enterprises (ZEL, "we," "our," or "us") to the person accessing this Site ("you," "your").
Permitted Use of the Site
The information and materials on this Site are provided for general informational purposes. You may use this site solely for the purpose of finding out about and/or purchasing ZEL services and products.
You may not use, reproduce, or distribute the text, graphics, downloads, tools, or any other content on this Site for any other purpose.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
To register with Shop.zsl.org you must be over eighteen years of age.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are true, accurate, current and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details or contacting us as at email@example.com
We make every effort to display as accurately as possible our products and services.
In the event that a product is mistakenly listed at the wrong price or with incorrect specifications, ZEL reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed incorrectly, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, ZEL shall issue a refund to your account in the amount of the incorrect price charged. In no event shall ZEL be obligated to provide you the merchandise at the incorrect price.
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice and are inclusive of value added tax (VAT) at the current rates.
The colours shown on the Site may be influenced by the settings of your computer or your monitor. Accordingly, ZEL makes no guarantees that any colours of products or features will be true or accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
All sizes and measurements are approximate.
Products are subject to availability. There is a delay between the time an order is placed and the time the order is accepted, therefore the stock levels relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept your order, we shall notify you as soon as possible.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
The products purchased on this Site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re-sale. Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. Rejection of an order may be the result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered is out of stock
- We have been unable to authorise payment
- There was an error with the price or productions description
- You did not meet the eligibility criteria set out in our Terms & Conditions
To create the contract between you and us the following steps are followed:
- You place the order for your products on our Site by selecting the order confirmation button at the end of the checkout process
- We will send an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. This does not constitute acceptance of the order
- Your order will be delivered to you from our warehouse. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us takes place on the dispatch of your order from our warehouse unless we have rejected the order or you have cancelled it
- Your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched, unless you are paying via PayPal in which case you will be charged immediately
If there are any problems with your order we shall contact you.The contract will beconcluded in English.The details of your specific contract will not be filed by us so please print and retain a permanent copy of the Conditions.You will assume the risk for any Products purchased by you once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified during the checkout process when you placed the order. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the Products from the delivery address which you specified at checkout.
All cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation
by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or
does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable
for any delay or non-delivery. We do not accept payment by cheque, cash
or postal orders.
If for some reason a purchase fails, due to problems with payment details, we will attempt to contact you by phone or email.
We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or
ordering from the Site.
All orders are processed immediately and are despatched on clearance
of payment - usually within 2-3 days, depending on the time of receipt
and stock availability.
We reserve the right to vary the standard shipping charges on certain items which are unusually high in weight, volume or value. Notice of an additional delivery charge is displayed on the product information page for products that fit into any one of
these categories listed. We will contact you to advise on what the additional charge will be prior to shipping.
Returns and refunds
In addition to your right to cancel referred to in section 5.5 Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 if for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with any Product purchased, you may return it to us (together with all original packing) within 14 days as long as the Product and original packing are in resalable condition.
Please note that, with the exception of faulty merchandise, we cannot accept the return of certain items including personalised/made to order items or products that have been opened and used e.g. recorded materials, or perishable goods. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you wish to return an item, please send to the address below, obtaining a proof of posting note from the Post Office as we cannot be held responsible for any items not received by us:
FAO Commercial Warehouse
As soon as the item is received by us and checked, we will initiate a refund on the account that was originally debited. The cost of the goods and the standard delivery charge will be credited within 48 hours from receipt of the returned item. This will usually reach the account within 7-10 working days, however timings will depend on the speed with which your credit/debit card company processes the order.
If you wish to return an item which was given to you as a gift, please be aware that the money will be refunded to the original payment card.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you do so no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services
- Your right to return products does not apply to products or services that have been made to order, have been personalised or by their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire quickly
- If you wish to cancel your contract, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them
- To cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract as soon as possible by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address
- You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 03442251826, or write to: Online Shop, Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of standard delivery (we will not reimburse extra costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery)
- Where products are not returned to us or arrive in an unacceptable condition, we may deduct from the reimbursement the value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel or 14 days after the day we receive the goods back from you if we have already dispatched them to you.
You agree that all copyrights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the material and content of this Site shall remain vested in us or our licensed partners. You acknowledge and confirm that the material and content contained within the Site is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content of this Site is strictly prohibited.
Limitation of liability
Notwithstanding our reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of the information appearing on this Website, we make no express or implied warranties in relation to its accuracy.
Our liability to you in the event of our breach of any of these Conditions shall be limited to reimbursing any money you may have already paid for product that you have not received or that you have returned within the agreed time scales and in the required condition.
We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Site.
So far as the law allows, we shall not be liable to you for any other loss or damage whatsoever. Your statutory rights as a consumer and your cancellation rights are not affected by these Conditions. Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Still have questions? We're happy to help! Please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the remaining provisions of the Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
The laws of England shall govern the contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England.
Our company details are:
Zoological Society London Enterprises Limited
Registered and trading address: Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY
Telephone: +44 (0)344 225 1826 (09.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Sunday, except Christmas day. An answer phone operates at all other times).
ZEL is a company registered in England - Company Number: 01178687
School souvenir purchases
School souvenir purchases are available for UK and international schools, exclusively Monday-Friday during UK school term time.
Purchases are by credit card only. Souvenir purchases must be made at least three days prior to collection. No refunds or amendments to retail purchases will be given. Purchases are available for pick-up or delivery (to UK addresses only).
After an online purchase request is made, the purchaser will be contacted by a member of the ZSL Retail team to collect payment and confirm the visit and collection date. Once payment has been made, the purchaser will receive an email confirmation with a copy of the invoice and collection instructions. The purchaser/school group must bring a copy of the confirmation to the pickup location.
Retail purchases will be available to pick up from:
- ZSL London Zoo: the main gift shop
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo: the Visitor Centre.
If delivery is selected, packages will be sent to the provided address by Royal Mail using tracked service.
ZSL Animal Adoptions Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to Animal Adoption Gift packs and Animal Adoption Newsletter Subscriptions.
- In purchasing an adoption of an animal (an “Animal Adoption”) at ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo (each an “Attraction”) you enter into an agreement with the Zoological Society of London, registered charity number 208728 (in this section “ZSL”) on these adoption specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
- Each Animal Adoption includes the benefits as stated on the Animal Adoption web page at the time of making your purchase only. ZSL reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- Adoption does not imply ownership, nor does it create any liabilities in respect of an animals. Adoptions are not exclusive and other people can also adopt the same animal species which feature in the Adoption scheme.
- In the event of the particular species of the Animal Adoption ceasing to be on display at the Attraction due to death or relocation to another collection, we will endeavour to find an alternative animal which will be offered for the remainder of the Animal Adoption period. If the same species cannot be offered, then we will offer an alternative species. Unfortunately, ZSL cannot offer a refund in such circumstances. ZSL endeavours to ensure that all animals on the adoption scheme are on-show each day, but due to unforeseen circumstances this is not always possible. ZSL will attempt to notify all adopters via the email updates. Please visit the ZSL main web page before visiting to check for any updates.
- Entrance to an Attraction to see a species that is the subject of an Animal Adoption does not guarantee that any particular species or animal will be on public display at that time.
- Unless otherwise stated an Animal Adoption runs for a period of 12 months from the date that the Animal Adoption Newsletter Subscription is activated (not from the date that it was purchased).
- Subscription to the Animal Adoption Newsletter must be completed with a sign-up by the subscriber via the link provided in the Adoption Pack for the activation of a quarterly update to be activated. Please allow up to 14 days from signing up to the newsletter to receive email updates.
- Adoptions are non-refundable, unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at ZSL’s discretion. ZSL reserves the right to change the price of animal adoptions at any time, and the difference in price will not be refunded.